What does our Band Boosters and the money earned at Band Together do?
Excellent question. We are so lucky to have our Mercer Island Schools Band Boosters (MISBB) working to make sure our MISD Band program is as supported as possible. This organization (which is all of you) does so much in all our grades 5th through 12th:
- scholarship – for trips, travel to concerts, and operational support
- personalized instrument instructions – bringing in experts to spend time, in small instrument groups, with students
- professional development – so our Band Directors can continue to learn and bring back to the classroom the latest teaching methods, sources of enrichment, and resources for our students
- Instrument Clubs at IMS
- administrative support – so our teachers spend less time doing paperwork and thus maximize their time in front of our students
- Artist-in-Residences – professional musicians, composers, and conductors visiting our classes
- Purchase of instruments
- Website support
- Uniform maintenance
And a million more big and little things to help this program operate. We are so deeply thankful to our boosters and each of you!